Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Must be completed prior to Issuance of the Tree Removal
“No person shall remove or destroy, or cause the removal or destruction, of a tree or undertake any action that will substantially impair the health or growth of a tree without first obtaining a permit from the Village Manager. No permit shall be required for normal and reasonable trimming or other tree care designed to maintain the health, shape, or balance of a tree.”
The Village Manager may issue a permit only if at least one (1) of the following conditions applies:
• The tree is diseased beyond restoration, insect infected beyond restoration, or injured beyond restoration;
• The tree is dead or dying, or is in danger of falling;
• The tree constitutes a hazard to the safety of persons;
• The tree constitutes a hazard and threatens injury to property;
• The tree constitutes a hazard and threatens injury to, or would have a negative effect on the health of other trees;
• The tree is injurious to or creates a condition injurious to the health of a person, certified to by a qualified medical practitioner;
• The tree is on a list of tree species of little value, as determined by the Board of Managers after consultation with the Village arborist and Village Tree Committee.
• Copy of the findings and recommendations report from the Village Arborist or, pursuant to Sec. 17-3(a)(7), Village staff.
• This completed application, including the tree contractor’s name, phone number and MD-DNR License No.
• Payment of $25.00 per tree filing fee for a Village Tree Removal Permit application, up to a max. of $175. The fee is waived for trees approved subject to Sec. 17-3(a)(7).
Under the new Tree Incentive Program, the Village will reimburse residents for up to half of the total costs to a maximum of $175 for the purchase and planting of qualifying canopy trees on privately owned properties. Additionally, applicants for Tree Removal Permits will be refunded their permit filing fee if they plant a canopy tree within six months of receiving a Village Tree Removal Permit.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
Please provide description of the tree(s) requested for inspection.
(up to a max. of 7 per application)
* indicates a required field