Building Facilities Commission
Applicable Commission Guidelines
(Excerpted from Section 7-4 of the "Chevy Chase Village Building Facilities Ordinance" (PDF))
- There shall be a Village Building Facilities Commission which shall consist of five (5) members appointed for five-year staggered terms by the Chairman of the Board of Managers with the concurrence of the Board. At least one member of the Commission shall reside within sight and sound of the Village Hall.
- The Commission shall be assisted in carrying out its responsibilities by the Village Counsel. The Village Manager shall serve as the designee of the Commission to perform such functions as may be assigned by the Commission.
- The Commission shall formulate, and submit to the Board of Managers for its approval, proposed rules and regulations concerning public use of the Lambert Room, Humphrey Hall and the Tuohey Conference Room. These shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, standards and eligibility for use, hours of use, rental fees, conduct during use, permits for use, damage to equipment, building or property during use, and such related matters as may, in the judgment of the Commission, enhance the utility and enjoyment of the Lambert Room, Humphrey Hall and the Tuohey Conference Room and are consistent with the policy of this Chapter.
- The Commission shall be responsible for the administration and enforcement of the rules and regulations approved by the Board of Managers, and shall make all decisions relating to rental and public use of the Lambert Room, Humphrey Hall and the Tuohey Conference Room, subject to subsections (d) and (e) of this section.
- Any person or entity that feels aggrieved by a decision of the Commission relating to rental or use of the Lambert Room, Humphrey Hall and the Tuohey Conference Room may appeal that decision to the Board of Managers, which shall conduct a hearing and render a decision.
- In scheduling public use of the Lambert Room, Humphrey Hall and the Tuohey Conference Room the Commission shall make reasonable efforts to avoid conflicts with meetings of the Board of Managers, the Village staff, departments or advisory committees. In the event of a conflict, Village governmental units and Committees shall have priority.
- The Commission may make recommendations to the Board of Managers to improve the appearance and/or utility of the Village Hall, including recommendations concerning furnishings and equipment used therein and decoration thereof. Such recommendation, if submitted to the Board, shall be accompanied by a budget setting forth the probable costs of the suggested improvements.
Joining the Commission
You may apply (PDF) if you are interested in joining this Commission. Please Note: Appointments to Village Commissions occur when current members' terms expire, or upon a member's resignation.