Applicable Committee Guidelines
The Traffic Committee is classified as a Standing Committee. Members of this Committee are appointed by the Board of Managers. View the full Guidelines for Committees (PDF).
Scope of Work
The Traffic Committee will provide analysis and guidance for the Board of Managers (the Board) on traffic issues within Chevy Chase Village. Traffic issues would include all methods of mobility, such as vehicles and bicycles, and their regulation by traffic controls and other ordinances, as well as parking issues and pedestrian movement and safety.
The Committee will develop expertise on best practices across the broad range of traffic issues and provide a forum for presentations and discussions of theses issues, generally focusing on issues referred to the Committee by the Board or that the Committee deems appropriate. The Committee will develop processes and policies to investigate and evaluate resident and Board requests. Over time, the Committee expects to present findings and recommendations to the Board to assist in their decision-making.
Meetings of the Committee will be scheduled at least twice annually and as issues arise throughout the year. Meetings will be open to all Chevy Chase Village residents, with notice given on the Chevy Chase Village website. A Member of the Board will be appointed to provide direction and facilitate liaison of the Committee with the Board.
Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Reports
- 2023 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2022 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2021 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2020 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2018 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2017 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2015 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report
- 2014 Annual Meeting Traffic Committee Report